MicroVascular Decompression Surgery for Hemifacial Spasm
Dr. Anthony Kaufmann
Anthony M. Kaufmann, MD, BSc (Med) MSc FRCSC
Associate Professor, Section of Neurosurgery
Director, Centre for Cranial Nerve Disorders
Co-Director, Winnipeg Centre for Gamma Knife Surgery
University of Manitoba / Health Sciences Centre
- Was a member of the “Stroke Team” at Pittsburgh Stroke Instit.
- Developed a special interest in cranial nerve disorders and microvascular decompression surgery while working with the pioneer in the field, Dr. Peter Jannetta.
- Established the Centre for Cranial Nerve Disorders and is their Director, as well as the supervisor of the Intraoperative Monitoring Program.
- Co-Director of both Canada’s first Gamma Knife Surgery Centre and the Centre for Cerebrovascular Disease.
- Has published over 85 articles and presented over 100 scientific papers & invited lectures.